Tomorrow Cael will be 15 weeks. Wow, can't believe how the time has flown by! 15 weeks ago today I was in the hospital feeling like I was never going to get out. 15 weeks ago tomorrow I became a mom. Unbelievable!
Cael is growing and developing more every day. It is such a privilege to be his mom. I can't believe how much more I know him today than I did yesterday. Or last week. And especially last month. So here are some things I've learned about him recently...
He has found his hands! And has he. All the time. Whenever he can. Constantly. It cracks me up because he's loud when he sucks on them. And he's always sucking on them.
He knows his name now. When I call him, like I did when I took this picture, he looked up at me, which is what he's been doing when I call his name. And smiled. I was very excited that he knows now that he is Cael. I've been trying to use his name constantly for this very purpose. Gus & I can't wait to explain to him why we gave him the middle name of Athanasius.
He loves to talk. This is the face he makes when he is talking back to me. He sings with me too. When I sing to him, which I try to do often, he croons along with me. I read somewhere that once they discover their vocal chords, all they want to do is use them because they like the sound of them. That is so true for Cael. He is constantly talking, cooing, gurgling, squealing.
Which brings me to the last thing. He is getting cuter by the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment