Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cael's 1st Halloween

Last night Cael experienced his first Halloween! He was a chicken (how cute!) and enjoyed the night as much as a 5 month old who is still pretty oblivious to the world, could. We just stayed on my parents street and only went to about 10 houses, the ones they knew so they could show Cael off to their friends. Now that Cael is sitting up now, he was able to play on the floor with Gretel. Gretel kept licking his face and hitting him with her tail. We thought it was pretty funny! Plus she kept trying to get into all of the pictures so she could be in the middle of all the excitement. I of course enjoyed the candy!! Gus made sure to take a picture of me pigging out on all the candy...who else was the candy for? Certainly not Cael! Next year, maybe? All in all it was a very fun night.

2 comments:

  1. Disclaimer: I am not comparing you to these people. but this post reminded me. . .

    This couple came to my door last night with a baby in the stroller who wasn't even dressed up. But, the mom was dressed in this weird sexy butterfly glittery costume. (ew!) At first, I was trying to look behind them to see if they had another kid who was actually trick-or-treat age that was behind the stroller or something. . .but they didn't.

    So then, after an awkward pause, the mom was like, "Um. . .Trick or Treat?" I'm pretty sure I gave her a weird look because I was so surprised at them for doing this when the child was clearly not old enough to eat the candy, they didn't even dress the kid up, and it was like 9:30 and the kid was asleep in the stroller. I couldn't figure out why they didn't just go out and buy their own candy, except maybe that the mom wanted to walk around in her *ahem* not so classy outfit.

    So I gave her 1 mini-Reese's peanut butter cup.

    I was sorely tempted to ask if the baby was going to eat the candy, but I held my tongue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cael was oblivious - but we sure had fun showing him off to the neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete