Saturday, January 12, 2008

My son

This past week has been a week of recovering and readjusting. I felt dizzy with the rolling and rocking movements of being on a ship until Thursday; it took that long for my inner ear to recover. Oy! 
Cael has not been himself this past week either. He's been extra fussy and clingy. On the first day of the cruise we saw that his first tooth had popped through. Hooray! Only one has come through but the one right next to it looks like it is going to come through any day. So I'm not sure if he's fussy because he's teething or because his inner ear is off or he had constant attention on vacation and now he doesn't or...? It's been a challenging week for me that has caused me to cry out to the Lord for wisdom more than once.

I tried to get some cute pictures of him this week and this picture typified his attitude!

Even though he looks like he is smiling, he isn't. He was a second away from bursting into tears. 

Oh the utter misery on his face in this picture makes me laugh. He reaches for me to pick him up now all the time. He knows when I'm not holding him and I feel sorry for people holding him when he wants me because all he'll do is reach for me with this whimper. It's the saddest thing! 

You can see his tooth in this picture. He stands quite well now on his own and is itching to crawl. He goes up onto all four limbs and rocks back and forth, just trying so hard to crawl. He's still such a cutie and I love him despite his fussyness :)


1 comment:

  1. Georgie reaches for me too! This has made for a trying week even at home alone because she just cries and cries unless I'm 2 feet away from her and then she reaches up for me. So since I need to keep our house in order, she's had to sit and cry for a long time watching me do chores! :) I guess we're getting into that next stage of parenting :)

    ReplyDelete