Summer is here! Summertime cooking conjures up BBQing, salads, and anything else not involving the oven! We've been enjoying some yummy food lately, so I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes. The catch is that you have to return the favor and give me some of your favorite recipes :)
I love a good salad! It is healthy, yummy, and very filling. After much experimenting, I've found that the best salad contains:
- Good lettuce: aka romaine and butter leaf are my favorite combination. One important thing is to cut the lettuce very thinly, like they do in restaurants. Somehow this makes a difference.
- Tomatoes (roma are supreme) and cucumbers (peeled and sliced thinly)
- Feta cheese-this is one of the essential ingredients
- Nuts
- Sliced meat or cheese
Then of course comes the dressing. Not just any dressing. Here are 2 of my favorite dressing recipes:
INGREDIENTS
• ½ C OLIVE OIL
• 1/8 C. WHITE WINE VINEGAR
• 1/8 C. BALSAMIC VINEGAR
• JUICE FROM 2 LIMES
• 1 TB HONEY
• 1 TB MUSTARD
• 2 CLOVES GARLIC
• SALT & PEPPER
DIRECTIONS
1. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER. SERVE.
____________________________________
INGREDIENTS
• 1-2 SHALLOTS OR ½ ONION
• 2 CLOVES GARLIC
• 6 SUN DRIED TOMATOES
• 1 TB BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND 1 TB WHITE WINE VINEGAR
• 1 TB FRESH BASIL OR PARSLEY
• SALT & PEPPER
• ½ C. OLIVE OIL
DIRECTIONS
1. IN FOOD PROCESSOR ADD THE INGREDIENTS IN ORDER LISTED, BLENDING WELL.
Tomorrow I will post some of my favorite BBQ marinades. YUM!!
totally! it seems like all i have the umph to prepare these days is salads. it's so hot and humid here. yesterday i did some boneless chicken in the foreman grill (where has the foreman grill been all my [married] life??) and it was some of the most succulent grilled chicken for salad i have ever had. :) we'll be doing that again! :) (i definitely prefer chopped salad to torn up pieces...)
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed. You have completely transformed the Easy Pizzi into what looks like a killer dressing. It's nothing like I made it (since mine is more Italian). I LOVE the idea of honey and lime. I am making this tomorrow, since, like the above reader I have no appetite for hot foods lately. Thanks for the great idea!!
ReplyDelete