Monday, July 21, 2008

7 Years

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't believe that 7 years ago Gus & I were married. In some ways it feels like a lifetime ago. And yet in other ways it seems like only yesterday I was walking down the aisle, eagerly, on my way to becoming Gus' wife. Last night, for the first time, we watched our wedding video. It definitely brought back many memories from that momentous day and reminded me that yes, it did really happen. I was in la la land pretty much that whole day and especially during the ceremony. So it felt in some ways like I was able to actually absorb that day, but with a different perspective 7 years later. We had some laughs at some of the mistakes, decorative styles (what was I thinking to wrap all of those gaudy trees on the chapel stage with tule?!???) and see people who we, unfortunately, don't keep in touch with anymore. But more than all of that, it was a reminder of the solemn vow and promise we made before the Lord, 'till death do us part. And the wonderful thing is that I would do it all over again. In a heartbeat. I love you Gus!

Here is a slideshow, put together mainly for fun, of us, through the years. And here is to many, many, many more years together!!

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I remember it all, including coming out of my dorm room in pajamas so you and Gus could tell me your happy news. That bridesmaid dress is still in my closet. Happy 7th anniversary! You two are great :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute slideshow! Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 7 years already. I hope you get to do something special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gus had big hair!

    Sorry...I'm sure I was supposed to get something else from that. But what?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.....happy anniversary! I hope you have many more happy years together!!!

    ReplyDelete