Monday, July 7, 2008

A very gross mommy moment

This morning I was sitting on the couch with Cael. He was all smiley, cudley, and cute. Which would compensate for what was about to happen next. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, he threw up. All over me and him. The curdled, smelly, adult kind of throw-up. I was wearing shorts so it smeared all over my legs. Immediately I started gagging. My only thought was 'water, must get to water.' I carried Cael into the bathroom, throw-up sliding even further down my legs, and gagging at least 3 more times in the 7 or 8 short steps to the bathroom. I put Cael into the bathtub and stripped off his clothes and diaper (which of course was poopy, adding insult to injury!) I think I gagged at least 10 times throughout that process and was thankful my own stomach was empty or who knows what else might have come up. Eowww! O the joys of being a mom! Those moments are inevitable and funny to look back on but o so gross.

4 comments:

  1. You just can't get mad when your kid throws up on you no matter how disgusting it is. I think I'd be pretty upset if someone I wasn't related to threw up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! Is he sick!? Poor Cael and poor mommy :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard readung this!!! Hahaha....I totally pictured the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds just as horrific as Trudi's poop messes only it wasn't on me. Yes, being a mom has it's trials!

    ReplyDelete