Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big Brother


Cael is wearing a t-shirt which says "big brother..." (I labeled the photo since you can't actually read the shirt but trust me that's what it says!)
Yep, Cael is going to be a big brother in about 35 weeks...Yay!! We're very excited about the Lord's gracious gift to us of another child.
I found out while Gus was in Spain, the Friday before he returned. I ran out and found one of these shirts and put it on him when we went to pick up Gus. Originally I was supposed to meet Gus at the flyaway but I couldn't stand the wait any longer and we drove down to LAX. It was so fun to see Gus' face as he saw the t-shirt and realized I was pregnant! I was able to totally surprise him, which isn't easy to do. Mostly because he had been gone the previous 9 days, otherwise there was no way I could have disguised some of my interesting symptoms which finally prompted me to take a home pregnancy test.
So far I'm feeling great, just a little queasy. And my gag reflex is super sensitive. I had both of these symptoms with Cael too so I can handle it much better this time! Please pray for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby. We're so excited that the Lord has blessed us with this gift of life :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You and Jennie?? THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was wondering when another one would come. Congratulations Gus and Melissa! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praise the Lord!!! whoo hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little calendars on the top of your blog. I remember when it was for Cael. We are so excited!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize the last comment posted as you Melissa - you must have had this account open on my computer the last time you were over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad it's public knowledge now. It was so hard not to talk about it in Crossroads but now we can blab!
    I thought you were further along though (?).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! So exciting. We're so happy for you. We'll be praying. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How exciting! :o) It was great spending time with you last week as well, thanks for the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! It was fun talking "pregnancy" with you today :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! What a blessing!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete