Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pregnancy update

As you can see from my pregnancy ticker, I'm 6 weeks along. It's crazy that I've only officially known I was pregnant for about 2 weeks because it seems a lot longer than that. When I look back to being pregnant with Cael, the weeks just flew by but for some reason they are going a little bit slower this time around. I don't know why but it's interesting to reflect on the differences this time around. This week my morning sickness has hit me full force. Thankfully it tends to die off after my afternoon nap, but until then I feel fairly nauseous and queasy most of the time and so tired my eyes are burning. I remember feeling this way last time too but it didn't really hit me until 8 weeks. I read somewhere that pregnancy #2's symptoms appear much quicker because your body instantly recognizes them and responds to the symptoms. Interesting! I keep reminding myself this is a temporary state of sickness and it's all for a good cause-there's a baby at the end of this! I'm so thankful for my husband who has been so helpful and compassionate to me in my state :) I'm also excited to go in next week to see Dr. Frields (Yay! I'm so glad I can go to him this pregnancy!!) and get the official ultrasound and check-up. More updates and hopefully an ultrasound picture to post after that visit!

1 comment: