On Friday, February 19th, we went to Glendale Adventist Hopsital and after waiting all day for a c section spot to open up, at 3:25 pm Coen Chrysostom Pidal was born. The entire day and all of the procedures went just great and was easier than I expected them to be. Coen weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces and was 22 1/2 inches long. The nurse measured him twice because she couldn't believe how long he was. He was healthy, praise the Lord. The hospital stay was short-we were discharged after 2 nights which was such a blessing because none of the seats or beds were comfortable :) Cael absolutely loves Coen! He couldn't stop giggling and laughing when he first saw him and constantly wants to hold and kiss him. It's so cute and we're so thankful for such a great relationship already between them. I am feeling pretty good and am recovering great-every day is better and better. Coen is doing really great as well. He is such an easy going little guy! We had his hospital visit follow up appointment today and everything looks good. We praise the Lord for giving us such a blessing!
Oh and as for his middle name, Chrysostom, look him up on Wikipedia if you don't know who he was. Staying with the tradition we started with Cael Athanasius, we picked someone from a long time ago that was very admirable and we want our boys to emulate. I am so thankful for my husband and his leadership in this!!
And now, what I'm sure you're all waiting for, here are some pictures...
His going home outfit, thank you Nana for such a cute outfit!


Yay! That's a cute picture with Cael :).
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What unique and great sounding names you two come up with. Thanks for posting pictures so soon! Loved seeing the new little Pidal!
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable! Glad Cael loves him already :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa, he is SO cute! I don't think he looks that much like Cael like I originally thought. He has his own adorable look. I can't wait for our boys to meet! We've got to hang out as soon as we're both recovered. Congrats on getting through your surgery! What a sweet reward.
ReplyDeletePrecious, I'm so glad everyone is healthy and happy. You guys look good. Can't wait to meet him in person.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Congrats! Cael looks so big :)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you! I can't believe you were only in the hospital for two days!!! WOW! He is a real cutie pie too.
ReplyDelete