Cael turned 3 and we had a pirate themed party for him. He really loves pirates so he was very excited about it! My dear friend Jenn Hildebrand and I planned the party for months. Her and her husband are very talented and responsible for much of the creative things. I found a pirate costume online for Cael to wear and he loved it!! Here are some pics of the day...
Pirate Cael right before the party started


We served hot dogs with flags on them

My mom was such a jewel! She came early to help and then had the "tough" job of taking care of Coen. I am so thankful she was able to do this!!

Jenn made a pirate ship doorway and Adam (her husband) designed a plank everyone had to walk

All of the kids

Pirate Athanasius

All the kids had to walk the plank to earn their treasure chests full of loot. Cael absolutely loved his and carried it around with him for days!

Then we played pin the eyepatch on the pirate. Thank you Adam for your wonderful artwork!

Group shot with the cake

the awesome cake that Adam designed and my dear friend Rachy helped me make

Gus and a candy faced boy :)

Family pic with the cake (which we almost lost because it almost slid onto the floor!)

Checking out the cake

Cael's reaction when we were singing to him. I think he was mostly embarrassed!

Blowing out the candle

Outside enjoying more loot

Presents!!

Cael, did you like your party?

I think that's a yes!
How creative! I hope I can come up with something as special for Ella's 3rd birthday next January. It will be her first birthday party. My moto has been, until she's old enough to tell what theme she wants I'm going to wait on the birthday parties and Halloween costumes. :-) She can tell me now, so we'll be having a party for her next birthday.
ReplyDeleteSooo cute!! I love it. Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize Cael was a pirate fan??!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even notice your doorway was a ship entrance--shows how observant I am. It was a fun party!
ReplyDelete