Yesterday we left Texas and drove to New Mexico. We arrived at our hotel very late so I did a super quick post from my phone without pics. As promised, here are yesterday's pictures...
The boys looking cute. Cael wanted to hold Coen.

Before we left Lubbock, TX, Kyle invited Gus to share at the Wednesday night meeting for their church. Here is Kyle introducing Gus...

So this morning we woke up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They have a downtown area that we had fun walking around...


After that we left for Arizona. Driving through New Mexico was beautiful. The clouds and big open sky. And the mountains and formations are amazing.


Finally we arrived in Arizona and to the Pacific standard time zone for the first time in over a month. I like gaining hours better than losing them :)

Then we stopped to drive through the Petrified Forest and it was unbelievable. Clouds over painted desert floors.





Finally we have arrived in Flagstaff for the night. I love it here. The elevation is about 7000 feet so it is nice and woodsy and the weather is wonderful. After weeks of being so hot, humid, and sticky, it is great to be in dry heat. Tonight we walked somewhere and on the way back, it was dark and it was actually cool. I almost wanted a sweater. Amazing. In the south, it seemed the opposite. Even if miraculously there was no humidity during the daytime, once the sun went down out came the humidity. So how pleasant to once again associate darkness with coolness.

Tomorrow we visit the Grand Canyon then begin our trek home! This is our last night of our road trip. Again I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by. I'm so glad that I blogged every day so we can look back on our travels and remember everything that happened. Already some of what we did in those first few days and week seem like a lifetime ago. While I am glad that we will soon be home, I am thankful for all this trip has taught me. There have been hard times on the road with 2 young children and so much packing and unpacking. But through it all, I've had to constantly remind myself why we're here. Why we're doing this trip. It's not been to see the sights. Nor to have fun with friends. But to tell churches and people about Spain so that ultimately we can get there soon and spread the gospel. This trip has been about the gospel, really, and what a blessing and lesson it has been.







Oh Melissa!! wonderful posting. only the Lord knows how many lives you guys had touched, not only that persons you met, but to many that was reading your journal.
ReplyDeleteMay the Lord bless the four of you!
We miss you!
I have so enjoyed your journaling. Have a wonderful time at the Grand Canyon and a safe trip back home. And then off to Oxnard to see many friends and be refreshed!
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing the sign for the petrified forest when we were on our road trip a few years ago. We didn't go though. Welcome home (at least I think you're home now)!
ReplyDelete