Today is my beloved husband Gus's birthday. For me, birthdays are always a time of reflection. On the past years and all that the Lord has done. On how thankful I am for that person and how much they mean to me. Today is no exception...I opened the application that holds all of our pictures and went back in time. It was very fun! I hope you enjoy this stroll waaay back...
This is the oldest picture we have of Gus. Isn't he cute?!? And doesn't Coen look just like him??

In 2000 I was so blessed to meet Gus. And in 2001, I was doubly blessed to marry this man. He is my best friend and I have truly never looked back!! The Lord had much in store for us!!

As most of you know, we waited over 5 years before having children. Those years were so fun as we took many trips together! One of our favorite places was San Fransisco, where the next 3 pics were taken!



One of our most memorable, favorite adventures together was a missions trip to Scotland, England and Ireland. On this trip, our love for missions and calling to Spain was born...

One of the things I admire most about Gus is his love of history. Especially church history. Here he is with a statue of John Knox, in Edinburgh. Both boys were named after church fathers (Cael Athanasius and Coen Chrysostom) and I hope our boys appreciate one day their father who has such a love for them to name them after such great and godly men.

I love this man. He is still my best friend. After all these years. There is no one whom I would rather spend time with.

He is the best dad, who loves his boys so much. He tells endless stories. Gets down on the floor and plays with them. Eats sushi with them...


We are about to embark on one of our greatest adventures. Moving overseas to Spain. Here is Gus with our documents for the consulate. There is no one I'd rather experience this journey with than Gus. I am so excited for what the Lord has for us!

This past year has been one of huge change, blessing, and more change. A year ago, if you would have told me that we would be living in Orange County, travled the US, and ready to move overseas in a few weeks, I would not have believed you. But the Lord has been so faithful and it has been an absolute joy to experience all of this with my best friend and husband, Gus. Here is to many, many, many, many more years!! I love you Gus with all my heart!

















We love you too, Gus (though not as much as Melissa ;))! Happy birthday from Erik and me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post Melissa! Happy happy birthday Gus!!
ReplyDelete