To post more frequently! Life has been extremely busy and here's the rundown of what we've been up to lately for the month of May...
In the beginning of May we visited Grace Community Church for Rick Holland's send off from Crossroads. He was the pastor of that fellowship group for 14 years. Gus was in that group for all of those years and I came in about 10 years ago. All of our major changes happened there...our salvation, marriage, both boys, calling to the mission field, etc. It was a very sweet time and we really enjoyed saying goodbye to Rick. He's going to be a pastor in Kansas City and what a blessing they are to have him!
The next weekend we visited Fallon, Nevada. To spend the weekend with one of our supporting churches. It was a blast! From driving through the night to eating at Sonic twice! Oh and the people. That church is filled with such sweet people! It was our 4th visit there, so we've had the extreme pleasure of getting to know such amazing people. I attended a baby shower. Gus hung out with some of the guys. We had dinner and played an amazing game (the Farming Game, which we now own, btw!) with the dear, dear pastor, family, and an elder in the church and his family. Overall it was such a precious weekend and we were so blessed by our time there!
Then we spent 10 days in the San Fernando Valley, staying at the Grace Church missionary house. We spent time with our friends and supporters. It was such a fun week! I cooked and cooked and cooked. So fun, especially since I won't be doing any of that cooking and baking that I so dearly love for a while now, but more about that later. We had many meals with friends whom we hadn't spent time with for quite a while. It was such an encouraging week and some of you who read this blog got together with us-thanks for that!
Which brings us to last week. On Thursday we received the much awaited email...we were approved for our visas! To Spain! After 3 years, our plans have come to fruition! We are headed to Spain! Even as I type these words, I cannot believe it. God has been so faithful to us and we are so excited for this next chapter in our life.
On Monday of this week, we returned to Orange County and have been packing up our entire condo, which is furnished, that we have been staying at since December. It's actually flown by pretty quickly and we are now officially done packing! Phew! Everything actually fit. We had enough bags. Our hand scale tells us everything is under weight. We are done!!!!
This is our last night in our condo. Tomorrow we stay with our friends for the next 3 nights. While we get this place cleaned up and ready to hand back to the owners. On Sunday we say goodbye to our beloved church down here in Orange County.
And then Sunday night we drive back up to the San Fernando Valley. Have a goodbye with Gus' family. Monday morning we go to the Spanish Consulate in LA to pick up our visas (!) in person. Say goodbye to my family Monday night. Run all those last minute trips to Target and the mall on Tuesday. And hopefully go to bed really early Tuesday night. Since our flight leaves at 6 am Wednesday morning. So we leave for LAX at 2:30 am Wednesday morning!
Please pray for us...
That all of our details would be wrapped up between now and when we get on that plane on Wednesday morning.
For travel mercies. Health. Safety.
Thank you for reading! And for praying!! And I do promise to update more often :)




woo woo! And I'll be in France by late September! AWESOME! Take lotsa pictures! =)
ReplyDeleteThese are exciting days!!! I know you guys have been waiting for this for so long!!! We will continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteWow Melissa! So crazy! I will be checking your blog everyday for updates on your move to Spain. Miss you tons and glad that you have had a great few weeks of visiting with friends and family before you leave. Love you and praying for you!!
ReplyDeletePS I. LOVE. SONIC. !!
Praying for you!
ReplyDelete