As I am typing this Tuesday afternoon, the last item has been just hung on the wall and the last box was just unpacked. We were thankfully able to make short work of everything and even more amazing, find a place for everything. We have terrific storage and closet space here, which were pretty empty, and now everything is put away! And not a single thing was broken. I was completely shocked and grateful for this! I've never seen boxes packed with such precision either. Which is probably why nothing was broken. Both Gus and I are pretty sick of unpacking, putting things away, and especially hanging things on the walls. Neither of us are any good at it and are constantly re-hanging to get it straight. I have a wall of photos that took me FOREVER last night to get straight. And this morning Gus had to take over my hanging of one picture that I had re-nailed almost a dozen times. OY! But it is done. Everything is mostly straight. And Finished!! Which is most important. Now to stay in place for more than a year!! Let's just say I hope we don't move for quite a while!!!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Our container
We are so thankful that our container arrived on Sunday. Almost 9 months ago we put everything into storage that was going to be shipped. And at the end of May, when our visas were approved, it left the San Pedro harbor in LA. And on Sunday it arrived in Spain! The moving company was British and the 2 guys who unloaded the truck had super thick British accents. We really enjoyed it, once we got used to it. One of the guys' accent was so strong and thick that I actually didn't understand the first few things he said. Love that accent!! They were very nice and super efficient; it only took them about an hour to get all 60 boxes unloaded!!
Labels:
Spain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment