Sunday, September 18, 2011

BBQ Chicken

I've recently become a fan of homemade BBQ Sauce. We can buy it over here but the brand I've always eaten and really enjoy is super expensive; the other brands are not great. So when I found this recipe from the Pioneer Woman, I was excited to find a homemade BBQ Sauce. The method for cooking the chicken is great if you don't have a grill (like me.) And let me just tell you, the BBQ sauce is AMAZING. Thick and tangy. Just how I like it! And the great thing is that you can make the sauce alone and use it on other things; just today we made the most amazing sloppy joe's and I used this sauce for complete awesomeness!! I hope you enjoy this chicken and this sauce as much as we do!!

BBQ Chicken
Ingredients:
3 pounds Chicken Breasts (Any kind of cx can be used)
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
¼ whole Onion, Diced
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 cup Ketchup
¼ cup Packed Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
⅓ cup Honey Or Maple Syrup
Dash Of Salt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken in a greased 9x13 pan, then roast for 20 minutes.
While the chicken is roasting, heat canola oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for five minutes, stirring, being careful not to burn them.
Reduce heat to low. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Allow to simmer while the chicken roasts. Taste after simmering and add whatever ingredient it needs (more spice, more sugar, etc.)
After 20 minutes of roasting, crank on the broiler to get a little color on the chicken. Broil for five minutes.
Remove chicken from oven. Reduce oven to 350 degrees. With tongs, dip each chicken into the sauce, submerging completely. Place back onto the pan. After all chicken is coated, return pan to oven for five minutes, or until hot and sizzling.
Remove from oven. Brush/dab generously with remaining sauce. Allow chicken to sit a few minutes before serving.
Source of picture and recipe is the Pioneer Woman website.

No comments:

Post a Comment