Friday, February 3, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas day was so fun!! We started the morning with a special Christmas breakfast. And lam-o me forgot to take pics. I made cinnamon rolls shaped in the form of a Christmas tree; my mom's recipe I grew up eating every Christmas morning. It was so fun to pass this tradition down to my sons! Gus read the Christmas story from Luke. 

Then the boys opened their presents. Cael was very aware and excited this year of everything and I think even Coen caught on more than Cael did at that age. It was SO fun!

Here is Coen opening a tool set


Cael is opening Star Wars legos...notice the gasp of delight and surprise!


And a Star Wars T-Shirt


I love Coen's expression here...he was pretty thrilled with this hammer!


Cael was excited to open some Playmobile knights. Love Playmobile!


Coen had to show Abue his present!


Then off we went to the Christmas day service. The choir sang beautiful songs!


And all the kids were brought on-stage and Israel read them the Christmas story...notice Cael in the front row wearing a bow-tie? Yes, a bow-tie. My boys had matching bow-ties on. I think bow-ties are the equivalent of hair-bows on girls!



Then for lunch we went to Tan and Kaarin's house. My contribution was a large plate of sugar cookies we'd decorated the night before and this cake! My annual Christmas cake. 3 layers of chocolate covered with a white chocolate and mint filling and frosting. YUM!


For dinner we had suckling, roast pig


And every kind of appetizer you could imagine. It was delicious!!


 Me and Ester


Kaarin and her mother in law who did the phenomenal cooking

The men!


These appetizers were my favorite!
                                                   

After that we went out for a walk Christmas night! We took a picture in front of this Christmas tree, which was in front of the Cathedral
                                                                                                                                                                                        


And this one right in front of the Cathedral
                    


Abue was a little chilly that night!!
                    

2 comments:

  1. How fun that Gus' parents were there for Christmas :). I love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermosos e inolvidables momentos!!!
    Gracias Melissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete