Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bikes




Soon after moving here, we bought Cael his first bike. Gus and I often go for walks and it's easier for Cael to keep up with us if he rides his bike. He's become quite strong and fast on it; he can easily ride for over an hour, and can even do some smallish hills. I've enjoyed watching him gain strength and I hope to help him form a life-long habit of exercise and activity!






We are so thankful for the river that is right across from our house and the lovely trail that runs alongside it. It takes about an hour to walk from one end to the other and there are a few falls throughout the length of it; I love listening to the water fall as I am sweating it out on the trail! I am so thankful for such a beautiful place that is practically right outside our front door.



A few months ago, our friends gave us a little motorcycle (moto) for Coen; their boys had outgrown it as we were starting to look for something for Coen to ride. At first, Coen couldn't keep his balance while riding it, nor navigate turns or corners. So I kept the moto inside and Coen rode it often. Gradually, as his legs grew and his coordination and balanced, developed, he became quite proficient at riding his moto. I knew it was time to take it outside!!



So now both boys have a bike to ride on. Coen is not yet strong enough to ride for more than 15-20 minute stretches at a time. But I know that will change as he grows over this next year especially. We love taking the boys for bike rides and the weather is perfect right after the sun sets but before it is dark.

Before he gets tired out, Coen can go pretty fast and tries super hard to keep up with Cael. Cael loves riding with Coen and often will slow down so they can ride right next to each other. It's the most precious sight to see them riding side by side!! And kind of weird for me to be out walking with my boys without pushing a stroller. I like it though!



No comments:

Post a Comment