Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stuffed animal museum

One of the activities we did while Gus was away on his trip was visit a museum of stuffed and preserved animals. This museum is about 45 minutes away from us and has one of the world's largest collections of this type of animals. Since photos inside the museum are prohibited, I unfortunately did not take any photos of the animals. So you will have to take my word for how awesome it was; I've never seen so many wild animals at such a close distance. The boys really loved it too and were not scared except for when we entered the room with the very large and very charging elephant!! But I will probably, and thankfully (!), never see an elephant that close except in this context so it was really cool.

The facility offered a safari type bus ride through their grounds. We went on this bus before entering the museum and it was really fun! The boys enjoyed seeing some live animals and the scenery was ruggedly beautiful.







We also enjoyed a snack at the picnic tables outside the museum building and the boys enjoyed some time in the beautiful day. Oh and did I mention Queenie and her parents joined us? That always makes for an even funner day!!






After going through the musuem, Jose Luis and Ita had the chance to go on the safari ride again and they took Cael with them. Coen and I hung back and relaxed for a bit. He enjoyed a second juice box and some extra time with mom!





We had a very fun day and can't wait to return with Daddy next time!




2 comments:

  1. Looks great.... but don't forget to post the name and location of places, please!! Now that I'm freer (and less exhausted at the weekends) I plan to take some short trips with the family, and you've got some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorrrry Marlisa!! This museum is outside the city of BoƱar and you can see from the sign above the name of it. Hope you get to go!!

      Delete