Disclaimer: I forgot our camera charger! We didn't discover that until we were 8 hours away; I was SO bummed. So even though we had our good camera, I wanted to save the battery for Rome. Consequently, most of these side trips are taken with Gus' iPhone. Kind of pixelated and dark but at least I have some pics!
One of our day trips was to the city of Perugia. But first stop, of course, was to get coffee! Like Spain, they have a coffee shop on every corner. Their coffee is very good, but different.
Once we had placed our orders for our coffees, at around 9 am, I glanced over and ran out to the car to grab Gus's phone. Why? Because there was pizza in the coffee shop. To eat, obviously. For breakfast! I couldn't believe it! Pretty soon, we noticed that there was not only a coffee shop on every corner but a pizza place as well. SO good!!!
We drove a few minutes to the Mini Metro station, so we could take that into the center and not worry about parking. It was not a very long trip and the kids had a blast!
Once we arrived, the metro station was at the top of the city and the view was gorgeous!
We had a fun time walking around the city, enjoying the feel of a different city in a different country.
And then, of course, it was time for another coffee. I found the coffee shops to be very beautiful with lots of yummy looking goodies, and couldn't resist taking pics inside!
Family pics in front of the fountain!
Right next to the fountain was a carousel, which the boys had fun riding.
We also explored an underground part of the city
We walked around a bit more and really enjoyed the city!
And then we stopped for lunch. And I ate the best pizza. Of my life. Yes, I know, sometimes I exaggerate. But, no joke, this pizza was absolutely incredible. The sauce was so tomatoey and fresh. The crust thin and crunchy. And the cheese was amaazing. Sigh. Just typing about the pizza makes me remember how good it was. And want to eat it AGAIN!
Stay tuned for our aaaaamazing day in ROME!!!





























It all looks amazing! Can't wait for Rome!!
ReplyDelete