Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Wrap-Up

Well...Christmas is over. It went so fast, another Christmas. Time just flies by doesn't it? This was a great Christmas for our family! The first one with Cael and many new and happy traditions. I have a few slideshows to post on this blog; I was going to put one slideshow with each post but have decided instead to include several shows in this one post. Alert, this is definitely my longest post EVER! This will probably be my last post for a while, which I will explain why in a bit, so this will include what we've been up to lately...

Christmas eve was a dinner party with our friends. It was very fun! We moved furniture around, decorated the table all pretty, and had a very yummy dinner of ham & mashed potatoes. On Christmas eve we always open one present. So after our friends left, Cael opened his very first present. He didn't quite know what to do with it and of course the paper went straight to his mouth! But it was still a fun experience and his dump truck complete with red ball was quite a smash!


Christmas morning was just our family. We had yummy cinnamon rolls, which I made from scratch, and Gus read the Christmas story. We put a yule log on the TV (channel 9) and opened presents. Cael understood a little bit more by the end of the "session" that he could tear off the paper and put it in his mouth. It was very fun to give him some new presents to play with and he loved all of them!



For lunch we headed to the Pidals. We had a yummy spinach dish with french pastry, which I am going to attempt to make sometime. We gave them "the gifts" which was a 8 x 10 of Cael and a photo album of about 200 pictures of them and Cael taken over the past 7 months. They gave Cael some nice clothing and toys and I got a pretty sweater too! Thank you to Abuelo and Mimi for the great lunch and the thoughtful gifts!


For dinner we headed to the Lawlers. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the time; I think I was sick of taking pictures by this point-sorry guys! We all got some fun things like jewelery (for me), dvd (for Gus), and toys (for Cael, of course!). But the best present ever is that they are taking us on a cruise to Ensenada! We leave the 31st and will return on the 4th. Oh yeah and then we're going to Disneyland on the 4th also, since we'll be down in the area. A cruise!! Wohoo! We're all very excited about this and are very thankful mom and dad for your generous gift! Each of us will have our own room, us, my parents, and my sisters. It should be very fun and I will make sure to post lots and lots of pictures when we return. This will probably be the last post until we return, since I have much to do in the next 48 hours!

When I was a child, my grandparents bought me this wooden rocking chair. I remember sitting in it as a child and used to love that it was just my size! When they passed away, my parents inherited this chair. Christmas night my mom suggested that we put Cael in it and take pictures in front of the tree. I think he liked it but of course had to turn around and try to put any part of it in his mouth. Of course!


Since Christmas we've just been hanging out. Gus is off work until sometime in January so it's been really fun to have extra daddy time! We've been shopping, relaxing, and not doing too much! Bis, Gus's grandparents, came to visit a few days ago. (In Spanish, bis means double and it is what they call great grandparents) I only took two pictures, one of Grandma with Cael, and one with Cael and his cousins.


Until 2008, Happy New Year! I will think of you all as we are relaxing on the cruise :) Many, many pictures to follow in the New Year!

2 comments: