On this day, we went ashore to the Island of Catalina. I'd never been there and so it was very fun. There are quite a few scenery pictures in today's slideshow, so bear with us :) It was a very pretty island so we couldn't resist! It was fun to go ashore and the island was quite quaint with lots of little shops to look at. Emily & I rented bikes so that was fun to see more of the island. There are many people who retire there and have cute little houses; what a life! I also felt like I was at Disneyland because stuff on the island was small. A lot of people get around in golf carts so there is a lot of put putting while everyone drives around. We only saw a few cars; mostly golf carts. We went into Vons and even that was miniature. Soo cute!
That night at midnight, there was a chocolate buffet. It was unbelievable! I took pictures of all the sculptures and vases they made out of chocolate, just for that night. Plus all the ice sculptures. It was soo amazing! And the desserts were great too. Every kind of chocolate type dessert imaginable, plus chocolate fondue. Let's just say that we went to bed on a sugar high that night :)
Every night when we would retire to our room, the stateroom attendant (yes we had one of our very own!) turned down our bedding and left mints on our pillows. Cael had a little pac n play and the attendant would even turn down Cael's blankets and leave a mint in there too. It was really cute and we all felt quite spoilt!
Your pictures make me want chocolate!!!
ReplyDelete