Friday, January 11, 2008

Cruise Day 4

This was our final day of the cruise but not vacation. The ship docked at Ensenada, Mexico. None of us had ever been there before and it was pretty cool. We took a shuttle into the city and was free to shop and tour until the boat left. Our waiter the night before had warned us not to be late in getting back to the ship, since they leave whether or not you are there. He told us that one time they left 150 people drunk in Mexico-150 people! They pack your bags for you and ship it to the address left on file. So needless to say we made sure we were back in PLENTY of time; none of us wanted to be shipless!
Basically we just walked up and down the main street of Mexico. I kept looking at the signs for the english translation and then reminding myself where I was. Duh!
We found this bazaar type place and spent a lot of time shopping there. Haggling, to be precise! I was able to find a ring and bracelet that matched some earrings Gus had given me for Christmas and got quite the bargain for them. I guess I am a frugal shopper, regardless of what country I am in. Hehee!
Gus had one of his lifelong dreams fulfilled on this trip. He purchased bling. Major bling. When we were on our honeymoon in Puerta Vallarta, Gus saw this gaudy watch that was a fake Rolex. He talked the guy down to pretty cheap but we never bought it. For the past 6 years, he brings that watch up and how he should have bought it. Well in Ensenda, he found another such watch, that had just as much bling and was just as gaudy. It took 3 of us and about an hours worth of bargaining to haggle the guy down to our price, but he finally got it. Gus's life is now complete. He owns bling ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment