Thursday, January 17, 2008

Good things

One of my favorite magazines, Martha Stewart, has this section entitled "Good things". It's always been one of the best parts of the magazine for me as they have some really good things in it. Duh...lately i've come across some good things to share with you...


First off, my hubby, who is one AMAZING cook (patterned after and taught by his mother, who is also a tremendous cook), invented a way to cook salmon which I think is the best. I cooked salmon last night using his way and here is a picture of it. It is soo yummy and simple and easy. All it is is onions, garlic, and tomatoes chopped up and spread over salmon then baked. Soo good!


Recently I've begun to like sweet potatoes. My MIL has served them to us and I've begun to like them. They're much better for you than potatoes, so my goal is to eventually replace sweet potatoes in most of my cooking. One fabulouso way to cook both potatoes and sweet potatoes (thank you again MIL) is to skin and slice them all up and then place them in a pan or cooking sheet, coat with a little olive oil, salt & pepper, then bake. Until crispy and carmelized. So yummy! 
Are there any healthy foods you've been trying to introduce?


I love candles. Always have. My preference has become candles in a jar, since there is no danger of wax spillage. I've tried several different brands and stores of said type of candles and have come to one conclusion: Yankee Candles RULE! Not only do they smell amazing when you are burning them. But they also smell good even when they're not being burned. Amazing! My mom recently bought me the below candle and it has the most amazing smell-thanks mom! Apparently the tiare flower in Tahiti is what we know as gardenia-a very light and clean smell. 
Do you burn candles? Any favorite kinds?

Well those are some of my good things...any of you out there have any good things?

p.s. J, this post is dedicated to you.

2 comments:

  1. I love candles too! I only use Yankee Candles! But not only because they smell so good - I'm allergic to every other one I've tried burning. I love that Tiare flower candle. We have a votive of it and it reminds me of our honeymoon because we went to Tahiti and the Tiare flower is in abundance there! :)

    My favorite YC scents are Home Sweet Home and Harvest. They make the house smell so inviting and homey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post - just loved it! Mike and I have been talking about cooking salmon lately. We figure if we like sushi so much, why not try the same stuff, but cooked? I love your idea and will tell him about it.

    ReplyDelete