Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Never before seen footage...

Ok so we just figured out how to upload video onto the blog. O what fun! I hope to post more videos from here on out. Here is a fun one that has never before been seen...

When I was pregnant with Cael, we did not find out what we were having. We picked out both boys and girls names and sat in suspense for 9 months to see which name we would need. Much to the joy of our family. (Not!!) They were dying to know what we were having! I think both parents thought that we actually did know if it was a boy or a girl but were keeping it from them. Hehe! We really didn't know and will probably never find out with any future children. It's just so fun to be surprised!! (Besides, if God had intended for us to know, wouldn't He have put a window in our stomachs?! Just kidding. It's not a conviction of ours or anything like that. We just like to be surprised. And kind of enjoy the irritation our parents have over not knowing! But I digress...)

So once Cael was born, when we were in the recovery room, Gus had the super fun task of revealing who and what had just come from my stomach to my parents and sisters and Gus's parents, all who were waiting in the hallway outside the operating room while I had had the c-section. Oh the fun of that day, getting to meet the little person I had been carrying around for the past 9 months! I get giddy just typing about it! Well he took our video camera and filmed the scene of when he told them about Cael...



By the way, this took FOREVER to load. Is that normal? 

4 comments:

  1. I like Gus' answer to "Cael? Where did you get that from?": "It's a name."

    I've never used the Blogger website to post videos. I use You Tube which takes longer than posting photos but not terribly long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that video is so great. The funniest part is everyones response to the name. That's classic.I don't know how on earth you could wait to find out what you are having. I can barely wait for Christmas. I use to open my presents and then rewrap them. I know, I'm a brat. But seriously, that would be pure torture to wait 9 whole months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so so funny! I agree with Victoria - I love Gus' response :)

    I also use Youtube which goes quicker than the blogger video uploader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun to see again! I agree with Victoria on liking Gus's response to the name...classic.
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete