Monday, May 26, 2008

Featuring...

I am soso excited to feature this week another Grace missionary: Emily Luehrman. She is married to Mikey and they have two ooh so cute and adorable children, Anna and Elijah. They currently are privileged to serve in the very beautiful but very spiritually dark Edinburgh, Scotland! You can visit their Grace missionary page here and their blog here.



Gus and I had the extreme pleasure to visit Scotland on a missions trip in the summer of 2006. We even spent a night in the Luehrmans cozy flat! {When they unfortunately learned about my extreme hatred of eggs after Mikey had gone to the store and brought back a whole carton of them for breakfast!} We enjoyed our trip there immensely and were so blessed by the Luehrmans. Emily is such a great mom and was a tremendous encouragement to me while I was there!  Little Anna was um, oh I don't remember how old she was but she was younger than she is now by 2 years and was quite the little lady!  Elijah wasn't born then but he is within a few weeks of Cael, agewise. I'm so excited to feature this couple as it brings back many fond memories of Gus and mine trip there. Edinburgh is such an incredibly beautiful city and I just couldn't resist putting these pictures up of us on that trip...

Here we are in N Ireland, just a few days before we arrived in Edinburg...

Here is Gus with one of his heroes, John Knox. This statue was in one of the churches on the royal mile in Edinburgh, just blocks away from the church which Mikey and Emily serve at. We were privileged to go on a tour of the city with Mikey, since the city is rich with history. Much more on that later!


Here I am on the royal mile in Edinburgh, a street which leads up to the Edinburgh castle.

Here we are in front of the castle of Edinburgh.
I'm looking forward to posting more pictures of the Luehrmans and getting to know her better! Stay tuned for tomorrow where we will hear about how her and Mikey met and more about her beautiful family!!

2 comments:

  1. The Luehrmans are awesome!

    I was thankful for the Enchiladas and the Old Books (a very expensive Hobby).

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I don't know them very well at all so this is a great opportunity for me to get acquainted with them!!

    ReplyDelete