Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Remember...

So I know as a mom that one of my more important responsibilities is to brush Cael's teeth every night before he goes to bed. And I know of moms who even brush them after breakfast and lunch. Can I just confess right now that I brushed Cael's teeth for the first time tonight for the first time in a few weeks. Ouch...I wince as I type that out because I know it is bad bad bad. But I forget. I try to remember but somehow by the time his bed time rolls around, it is enough to make sure he has a clean diaper on and his pj's on. Does this make me an awful mom?! Are you guys out there consistent with this? Am I the only one who isn't faithful in this area? How do you guys remember this? 

8 comments:

  1. yeah it's been about 2 weeks for Georgie. I misplaced her toothbrush and that's why. I just make it part of our night time routine. After I put her pj's on I take her to the bathroom and brush then go to bed. I guess that's how I remember. I think of it as part of her night time routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on you. I brush Corky's teeth and you can't even remember your own baby's teeth. Tsk Tsk.
    JK ;)
    Seriously though - I'll probably make the same mistake. I can see how you'd easily forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. At least he's not eating really sugary stuff. The way I remember to brush Samantha's teeth is by leaving her brush at the kitchen sink. I brush her teeth after breakfast and then after dinner. It makes it easier to remember when the brush is right there. I just brush her teeth while she's still in her high chair. I still forget sometimes though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you. I rarely remember to brush the twins' teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm supposed to brush my son's teeth??? Aren't they just going to fall out anyway??

    haha. kidding (kinda). Actually, I think I deserve "worst mom of the year" award over anyone who has commented. He sprouted teeth young and it took me a long time to figure out that I'm supposed to brush his teeth. I try to brush his teeth every night now. I guess I should be doing it after meals too. First, I need to remember to brush my own teeth...

    See, now don't you feel better about yourself? Doesn't everyone now feel better about themselves in comparison to me???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoot...I'm always forgetting to brush Heidi's teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for letting me know that i'm not alone in forgetting to brush cael's teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like me! Even worse, sometimes I even remember that we should brush Alicia's teeth before bed, and I choose NOT to :o/

    ReplyDelete