Friday, August 15, 2008

Santa Barbara Zoo

Cael had never been to any zoo before, so we decided to go to the one in Santa Barbara. I really liked it. The zoo was small enough to reasonably see all the animals in one day. The weather was nice and cool. And you could even see the beach-how cool is that?! One added bonus is that many of the enclosures allowed you to see the animals very close-up. Especially the lions and tigers-I've never been that close before and was very thankful to have a very thick pane of glass between us! 

Just like his daddy, Cael has to check out the map at the beginning of the days excursion...

Pointing out all the animals


In front of the elephants


Riding the merry-go-round

Perfecting his walking skills with the grandparents

Keeping his balance on uneven surfaces (so much to learn!)

Cael loves those little machines which you put a quarter in and they move with lots of noise

Pushing the stroller with nana

All this walking makes one very thirsty!

He liked this exhibit because the wall was just his height!

And his favorite...a toy giraffe


3 comments:

  1. I thank God for your incredible posts of you, Cael and us Lawlers! You are a very sensitive photog! Keep up the great clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the SB Zoo. I have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed with the LA Zoo, but mostly I think it's because it was sunny and warm (even in February when we went). I love Santa Barbara, so maybe we'll make a family trip up there sometime.

    ReplyDelete