I am writing this post today a very thankful woman for so many things. First of all, my wonderful husband returned to me safe and sound after being gone 18 days on a ministry-purposed trip to Spain and Scotland. I'm so thankful to the Lord that Gus was kept safe and sound throughout all of his travels and that he is home. Being apart from him was incredibly hard. But God, in His goodness, sustained us through this difficult separation. Seeing Gus walk off of the plane home last night was one of the biggest blessings of my life. I love you honey!
During those two and a half weeks apart, I kept very, very busy. So I wouldn't miss my hubby so much. I'm thankful to the many friends who helped keep me occupied-you know who you are :)
One of my biggest distractions from my absent hubby was my parents. They loved on Cael and I so much that they even took us camping for a few days. We went to McGrath, which is in Ventura, about 30 minutes away. The distance was not far but it was so nice to get away and have some relief from 24/7 Cael supervision. Speaking of Cael, he absolutely loved camping! Now that he is walking, he was able to explore everything. And he didn't get quite as dirty as the last time we camped, when he was crawling through the dirt.
His chief obsession, er I mean toy, was sticks. Cael carried this one particular stick (pictured below) that we used to stir the fire with him wherever he went. The stick was at least a foot taller than he was, but he made a bee line for it as soon as his wee feet hit the dirt!

And he was supremely spoiled by nana and pop pop. They fed him out of their very own cereal bowls, which he loved. He would walk between the two of them, getting a bite from each grandparent, much to his delight (and theirs too!)

Walking to his next bite

Getting a bite from pop pop

Our campsite bordered the dunes. Cael and nana spent much time, hand in hand, walking along the sandy path. Cael's walking skills improved tremendously!

I discovered my son's love for shredded wheat cereal. Who knew that he would eat an entire bowl of the stuff!

We went to the fair, the zoo, and outlet shopping (my favorite!). More adventures with pictures to follow!





Glad to be back! =)
ReplyDeleteWe had soooo much fun, too. We look forward to the next trip together with all of you. Glad you are home safe and sound, Gus.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Nana
Yay! I'm so happy for you that Gus is finally back. What a relief! And praise the Lord for keeping him safe all that time in a foreign place. We should all get together at Mogo's so we can hear all about his trip.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I would never counsel a married couple to do this, being apart from your mate can sometimes be a good thing. You really do realize how much you love them, how much you need them, and it makes being together again so much more special.
ReplyDeleteThe previos two beach trips Kathy and I took included some day trips of the three Pidals; while we thoroughly enjoyed this trip with Cael and his mommy, we sorely missed Gus! Really glad he is back!
ReplyDelete