Friday, October 24, 2008

Asian style slaw

I recently discovered a yummy recipe that we've had twice this week we've enjoyed it that much. Shish kabobs with asian style slaw...

Marinade any type of meat-cx or steak in teriyaki sauce. I cut up the meat into chunks or strips before letting it marinade. Then put on skewers and bbq until done.
Also brush teriyaki sauce on and bbq:
1 head of cabbage, sliced in half
4-5 slices of pineapple rings
1 onion, sliced in half (or 2 -3 green onions)

Once everything is bbq'd, bring it all inside and chop it into pieces, coleslaw fashion. I've found that everything tastes better when it is thinly/finely chopped-especially the lettuce and onions. (I'm weird like that but I don't like big chunks in my salad.)

Pour over teriyaki dressing:
1/2 c oil
1/2 c teriyaki marinade
1/3 c pineapple juice

If desired, for added crunch, sprinkle some peanuts on top.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. How do you barbeque the cabagge, pineaple, and green onions? Wouldn't they fall in between the grates? Do you put them into a basket?
    I want to try this or you could invite Dad and I to dinner one night (Hint! Hint!)
    At any rate tell me your secret on bbq the veggies.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. the veggies are all so big that they don't fall in between the grates. we don't cut them small until we bring them into the house. try it. it will work!

    ReplyDelete