Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Meatloaf

Julie Waymeyer gave me this recipe at my bridal shower. And it is the only recipe I have ever made and it is amazing. I've made it for people who don't like meatloaf but love this recipe. It is moist and flavorful. And makes 2 loaves; I normally make two and freeze one, unbaked, which is awesome to have something extra in the freezer. I hope you make it and enjoy it!!

Meatloaf
Serves: 2 loaves
Preheat oven to: 375

Ingredients:
  • 1 c/8 oz chopped sundried tomatoes
  • 2 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb pork sausage
  • 2 1/2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 large carrot, shredded
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
  • 2 1/2 c bread crumbs
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c salsa
  • 3/4 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions
  • Combine all ingredients except cheese in bowl.
  • Place meatloaf in greased baking pans.
  • Bake for 70 minutes at 375.
  • Remove from oven and top with cheese. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Since this makes two loaves, one could be frozen, uncooked.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That's funny you posted about meatloaf. I just made some last night and I spoke to my mom and she made some the night before. It must be meatloaf season! :) Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you really set on mac n cheese for Halloween? This meatloaf seems really scrumpuous, er, tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, i am totally trying this. eric doesn't like meatloaf b/c of the trapped onions. :) but this has no onions. so i'm golden! yeah! i love meatloaf!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this again tonight and I can't wait to eat it!!!

    ReplyDelete