I have an Apple computer-an iMac, to be specific. Lately I've had these colorful, vertical lines on the right side of my monitor. At first there was only one or two, no big deal, but within a few weeks the number of lines doubled and was starting to migrate into more of my monitor. Thankfully we have applecare and so last night I turned it into my local Apple store to be fixed-for free. They said it would be ready within 3-5 days. Yikes! So in the meantime, I'm using a loner PC. Double yikes! It has been years and years, honestly, since I've been in the dark side, I mean used a PC, so it's been a little adjustment. I keep pressing the 'alt' key, thinking it's the apple key. And trying to use all those shortcuts I usually use on my iMac. Scrolling down at the bottom, instead of top. And all these other fun little differences. But the biggest adjustment? Having it freeze up while I"m merely surfing the internet. Last night it froze up on me twice within the first 15 minutes, since I was surfing so many websites so quickly-like I do on my iMac. I quickly had to make an adjustment to turtle surfing :) so my internet doesn't freeze up on me.
Ok I'm done whining now about the withdrawls I'm facing without my iMac and am hoping, desperarately, that my computer is done within the next day or so. Because life without a mac is...well...is not much fun.
Oh Melissa. I feel for you! My Toshiba lies dormant since dying on me so I get to use my hubby's Macbook.......oh wait, the Toshiba isn't totally dead yet but when we use it, it says something like you better back everything up now because there will be an imminent failure. Hmmmmmm, kinda scary....oh well. The best part is that we had it serviced this summer right before the warranty expired and two weeks after arriving here in Samara it died on me. We are looking into buying another Macbook for me or a nice digital camera.......the problem is that I can't make up my mind as to which one I want the most.
ReplyDeleteI remember the preMac days, while the twin towers still stood, and that upside down pyramid of an OS, Windows, and all those crashes, freezes, consumed hard drives, viruses, constantly backing up before it was too late; I had HOPED things were better so many years later, but with Vista soon to be replaced with a newer and better version of windows that fixes all of Vista's problems-HEY! wasn't that what Vista was supposed to do for XP? and XP for 2000? and 98 was supposed to fix 95?
ReplyDeletePathetic!
Hear Hear! --Even though my MAC knows it's about to get replaced with a younger, cuter model and is starting to act up...
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate! My mac went in "for a few days" and it came back 2-1/2 weeks later. I guess there was a lot wrong with it. Yeah for apple care, though, because otherwise I would have had to pay for the privilege of missing my mac! It sure works a lot better now though!
ReplyDelete