Thursday, January 21, 2010

What we've been up to lately...

Well it's been a while since I've posted. Life has been pretty busy lately! On the 23rd of December, we moved into a fabulous apartment in Newhall, about 30 minutes north of where we lived before. It's been a hugehugehuge blessing-we love living here! The apartment itself is a few hundred square feet bigger than our old apartment, no surprise since that place was teenytiny! And we're closer to family, which is nice to get some extra help and will be even nicer when the baby comes! So overall we've just been unpacking and adjusting into life here in Santa Clarita.

We had the wife of our favorite photographer take our Christmas card pictures, which, yes, we mailed out just last week, and the pictures turned out so cute!! Suz did an excellent job! Here are a few of our favorites from the photo shoot...




My pregnancy has been coming along! I will be having a c-section, like I did with Cael, and it is scheduled for February 19th, 4 weeks from tomorrow. I cannot believe it is so soon. These 9 months, in retrospect, really have flown by so quickly! Thankfully I am feeling great. No swelling like when I was pregnant with Cael and most days I have a lot of energy still. I am getting up for middle of the night bathroom runs much more now, so some days I feel a little tired, but I've been consistent in napping when Cael naps and that's helped quite a bit! I'm not really excited about the c-section but am more at peace with it now than ever before. I've been cooking and freezing a ton of food in preparation for the recovery time and am ready soon to begin washing and getting the baby's clothes put away. It's exciting and kind of crazy to think that a newborn will be here in just a few short weeks! I leave you with the latest picture of my belly-I'm definitely getting bigger!!

5 comments:

  1. Geeze, I sure want to see your place. I've got to get out there somehow. But not in this weather! Soon though...
    Has the baby dropped yet? Owen defnitely has and it's such a strange feeling at times. I can't believe we're both so close to the end! I'm considered full term on Sunday, and you're right behind me. I can't wait for two months from now when we're both recovered and holding our babies. How fun it will be to introduce them to eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to read your update Melissa! We just got your Christmas card and it looks great! I am so excited for you to have a second one, and am impressed at your preparation! It will definitely come in handy;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are so good! Can't believe the baby is almost here!! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute belly! :) Feb. 19th! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting!!! Your apartment is awesome. What a gracious God to place you there!

    ReplyDelete