We have begun our six week journey around the country to tell people about Spain! I will be blogging from the road to document our travels. I'm super excited about this trip and the opportunity to see parts of the USA I've never seen before and meet really great people!
Our journey started last night. Typically when we do long trips we pack up completely the car the night before then we get up at 4:30 the next morning, quickly shower and are off by 5 am. Well last night the car was packed at 11:15. My mom was there to help watch the kids while we packed and she looked at us and joked that we should leave tonight. Gus & I looked at each other and said "Let's do it!!" So we did! We left at 11:30. Cael hadn't gone to bed yet that night so he was wide awake when we left on our big adventure. Here we are just before we headed out...

We drove through the night, me driving the first part of the trip while Gus slept, and then Gus took over at 3 am and drove until 4:30 when we arrived in Sunnyvale. We made it up north in 5 hours!! It was fantastic. We pulled into a parking lot and everyone slept until 7:15 when Coen, our little alarm clock, woke us up. Here was breakfast. And thankfully there was a Starbucks in the parking lot. How convenient!!


Our first stop was to Sunnyvale. I have a great Aunt that lives there, whom I've not seen for over 5 years. She was literally on the way to our first stop so we dropped in to introduce her to our boys, neither of whom she'd met. It was a great visit and she reminded me so much of her brother, my grandfather, who passed away over 5 years ago now but I still miss!!!


So funny story...she has a walker and a life alert necklace that hangs off of it. There is a button on it that, when pressed, alerts a service who will send emergency help. It's great for elderly people who fall and live alone or something like that. Well we were in the office and she was showing me pictures. We heard this noise and a certain 3 foot child of mine had pushed the button!!!!! Gus and I looked at each other in total consternation as this alarm sounded. We told her what happend and she practically ran down the hall to the room where the base was to tell them she was ok and did not need help. I didn't know someone in a walker could walk that fast! Thankfully she wasn't upset either but just laughed and said it was ok. Phew! That could have been disastrous!!


I asked Aunt Bernadine if she wanted to hold Coen. She reluctantly agreed but said she wasn't too good with babies. Coen just took to her and was talking and cooing and laughing at her. She was so happy with him and held him for over 20 minutes! She said he was one of the most beautiful babies she'd ever seen. Awww so cute!!


Then we stopped off at the McGills, in the San Fransisco area. We'll be here for 2 nights! They have 2 girls and their oldest is about 6 weeks older than Cael. They play super well together. We're having fun already!! Here they are jumping together on the trampoline...


Hopefully tomorrow we can go into the city of San Fransisco!



oh my gracious, you guys crack me up! I am not at all surprised you drove all night (with the kids sleeping, might as well, right?!?). Just goes to prove my theory that missionaries have a little crazy in them. I mean that in the BEST possible way of course!
ReplyDeletePraying for you four crazies and the trip ahead. I know God is going to encourage your hearts with the work He has ahead for you! Praying too that He provides that last 16% while you're out and about.
Thanks for stopping by FBC Sunday too - we love having you guys! Next time you're out this way, we'll fight the Bucks for the pleasure of having you at OUR house! Or maybe we can just crash your party and all hang out.
Love to all of you!
Brianne
PS - that picture of Coen and Aunt Bernadine is precious!
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys and looking forward to all the updates.
ReplyDeletePraying... The Lord is with you guys.
ReplyDeleteI love you!!
brianne, you're hilarious!!! we had such a great trip this past sunday at fbc. and the funny thing is that right before you left the comment about getting together the next time we're down, gus told me the same thing. even mentioned perhaps we could have one big party with the bucks!! let's do it!!! thanks for your prayers for us :)
ReplyDelete