We returned from Fallon late Sunday night. On Monday I kidnapped Gus to take him to "lunch." My mom came over to watch the boys. He got a little suspicious when we headed onto the 5 north and when we started over the grapevine, he was even more suspicious. It was so fun. I didn't tell him where we were going, I just drove on :) But it was a fun car ride of uninterrupted talking and debriefing after our long trip from the weekend before. After about 3 hours we arrived to the Sequoias! We pulled up at a B&B and I asked Gus to get the luggage from the trunk. To which he said, "we have luggage?" It was so funny! There is this family that lets Seminary families stay for free in their cabin. It was super relaxing and o so pretty! We originally planned for just one night but we changed that to 2 nights. My mom did wonderful with the kids and overall it was so much fun!! Here are my favorite pics from that trip...
After unpacking we headed straight for the park


















We love the Sequoias! We go camping there every year!
ReplyDeleteI really want to go. I've never been. Maybe it will be our next vacation :).
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good trip! ;) Good job kidnapping Gus and keeping it a surprise.
ReplyDeleteHow funny, that was one of the last things we did before leaving California too :) Except we had to rough it in the freezing temperature at night... we ended up sleeping in the car for two nights... a cabin would have been nice.
ReplyDelete