This morning Gus started off PILOT by giving the devotional. He did such a great job and I am so proud of him, as always, whenever he preaches! It's a huge blessing for me to be married to such a godly man who can preach so well; he is an incredible man and Spain is very "lucky" to have him :) (Ok I'm done now but I just had to say how much I appreciate Gus and rarely get to do so!)


Yesterday we worked in a small group with a lady who is from Vietnam. Today our same group returned to work with her again. Here is a picture of our group and that lady. We learned a few different methodologies of how to learn a language that is hands on and very effective; the purpose of these groups is to learn the methodology by doing it, that one day we will use in our languages that we hope to become fluent in. I learned a little Vietnamese, coincidentally, which has made me very thankful to learn Spanish, which is a lot easier to pronounce and is not tonal in nature!


Today being Friday, we decided to go out and celebrate (and also avoid Tilapia night!) by eating at Taco Bell with "the Massimo's" (as Cael calls the entire Mollica family, not just Massimo.) It was nice to get out! Here we are at Taco Bell...




As we were driving back, we saw this beautiful sky. I am really enjoying the puffy clouds and wide open sky. I will miss this.


We stopped for ice cream at a local place and saw this dog. It was the biggest dog I'd ever seen. Very friendly but Cael wouldn't go near him, probably because he was twice Cael's size. What a dog!


As we turned into the driveway to MTI, this is the sunset we saw. So pretty! You can see our building in the picture too. Home sweet home. Or at least for a few more days. We're done with week one, which has just flown by, and have one more week to go. I was telling Gus today how already I feel like I've learned so much about how I'm going to learn Spanish. One of the goals of this program is to give you tools for your toolbox of language learning. I have a few good tools and am looking forward to next week and acquiring a few more.
I'm excited about this weekend and getting out to see Colorad Springs!
I'm excited about this weekend and getting out to see Colorad Springs!






Ok. finish week 1!!! and we are very glad to hear but learning a lot a tools, everithing will help you en "tu castellano" remember
ReplyDeleteMelissa "Espania los espera"!!!