Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 14

Hiyo! It's Melissa...I'm back. And feeling MUCH better. It started Friday night where I had a 102 fever. It was awful!! Saturday, during the morning, I dragged myself out of bed and we explored some. But by 2 I was back in bed and had a 100 fever the rest of the day. I felt pretty crummy and didn't get out of bed until this morning. Gus was such a trooper and took care of both boys on his own-even did dinner alone with both of them the caf (no small feat!) But thankfully I feel much much better today; thank you everyone for praying!

We started the morning off driving to church. On the way I took a picture of the stoplights they have in Colorado Springs. They're hanging from electrical wires. I just thought it was interesting!

We visited Lance Gentry's church this morning. It was such a great visit! I managed to snap this picture of the service, without appearing too weird to be taking a picture in church :)

Here is the name of it...Austin Bluffs. Lance Gentry is the pastor and Gus knew him when he was in college. They took us out to lunch afterwards and I realized, after talking with his wife, that they were at Master's college when I was there, back in the '90's. And in fact Lance was my RD-I was a commute student. So I totally knew both of them. So weird! What a small world! We had such a great lunch talking with them!!

Here's another sky picture. Going to miss these puffy clouds and wide open sky!

After we returned from lunch and took some naps, it was time to play outside...


Poor itty bitty Coen...He now has my sickness and had a slight fever today. He looks so miserable in this picture, poor guy! I'm praying it doesn't get any worse for him and that he sleeps through the night tonight-that we don't wake up with a high fever in the middle of the night; that's the worst!!

Thankfully, besides a slight cough, Cael has remained unscathed by this. So far!!

Tomorrow we begin the 2nd week. This past week was pretty grueling and this weekend, even though I was sick, has been a good break. Pray for endurance for us this week!

1 comment:

  1. Wellcome back Melissa!!! I missesd your creative posting.
    Big hug to four of you!
    we are praying for the last week on PILATES!

    ReplyDelete