Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 5

Gus started the day in Fallon with having breakfast with Mike & Mike, the elder and pastor of the church there. He had a very encouraging time with both of them!

Then we left and headed to the open road. And a lot of nothingness for a lot of hours. Gus wanted me to label this picture...overpopulation...

Finally we took our lunch break in Winnemucca. It was a teeny town but served its purpose for us!

And best of all, they had an indoor playground that Cael was able to run some of that energy off!

Back to driving. We saw these funky rock formations...

And then entered into big sky territory. I've mostly lived and experienced LA so this sky seemed HUGE. It stretched as far as the eye could see. I've never seen such a big skyline! And the clouds are beautiful!!

Finally we entered into Idaho!!

And saw lots and lots of these for sale...

And lots of these by the side of the road. Toto, we are not in Los Angeles anymore...

This sign made us very happy as our final destination was Pocatello, Idaho

When Coen was awake I would often hear screams of laughter from him as Cael entertained him. Thankfully we have this mirror so I could see what was going on. Here is what I often saw-Coen, head turned, fascinated by his older brother. Soo cute!!

Finally we arrived in Pocatello! And our dear friends and neighbors, the Powells, are also here! How fun! We had dinner, pizza, with them. And guess what kind of pizza they had? Taco pizza...Gus said it wasn't too yummy. I told him I didn't think they sold this in LA!

Gus with the Powell boys

The Powell kids (minus Tori) and Cael on the swing eating pizza

We ended the night with this lovely Idaho sunset!

Tomorrow we head to Denver, going through Jackson Hole! Please continue to pray for travel mercies for us!!

2 comments:

  1. We continue pray, our hearts are with all of you.
    We follow you guys!!!
    I see you tomorrow on the web!
    May the Lord bless you!
    Good Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sunset and we are praying!!!

    ReplyDelete