Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 22

While I was feeding Coen this morning, he did Cael's rockstar fingers! I couldn't believe it and we managed to capture it on camera before he pulled them out! He's been sucking his fingers for a few weeks now but it's always been the last three ones. I'm amazed that both of my boys have found their fingers and not their thumbs (How do babies choose what to suck?!)

Once he was done eating, he wanted the spoon. It was hilarious. He was talking and talking to the spoon, totally covered with baby food.



Gus had a great lunch with Justin Erickson and his 3 kids. Justin is a pastor at a nearby church and they had a great conversation about Spain. We are excited to see where the Lord will take this!

After lunch we went to Costco and the one here serves Gelato! It's so not fair that the only Costco in Nebraska serves amazing gelato. 3 scoops in a waffle cone for $1.50!! It was some of the best gelato I've ever had. SO YUMMY!



Then Spencer took us on a driving tour of Omaha. What a cool city! They even have a castle...

And a California St!!

We drove through this neighborhood that was beautiful. Full of brick houses with a lot of character and beauty like this one...I love those houses!

There was cobblestone streets. We had to stop so I could take a picture. Love it!

Downtown Omaha...



Cael found this statue and wanted to take a picture...

Julie pushing Coen...

We ate dinner at a very yummy restaurant in downtown...Spencer, Coen, and Gus

Julie, Cael and Me

Josh joined us. Josh went to seminary with Gus then got married and moved out to Nebraska. It was great to see him! Between being with Josh and Spencer, we didn't feel like being in Nebraska. Oh except for the humidity...

Cael being silly!

After dinner we went out walking through the town and found this cool arch...

And walked over the Missouri river...

Which took us into Iowa. So fun! Except it was sooooooooooo hot. And humid. I felt like my eyeballs had a blanket around them. Wow! But so fun because we really feel like we got a good glimpse of Omaha. What a great city!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys that you are having good time.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete