Thursday, September 30, 2010

Days 4 and 5

Well since the last time that I blogged, Gus and I drove a record 26 hours!! It was a long trip but went well and seemed to pass quickly. Maybe I'm just getting used to being on the road so much? Having the van definitely helps. It is so roomy and spacious. And I love being able to get up and go in the back. What a blessing!

We started in New Mexico and set off east! There was lots of this...wide open road with a big blue sky that stretches as far as the eye can see!!

Every time Cael slept, he looked like this and I just had to capture it! I'm so thankful, btw, that both boys sleep so well in the car, even over night!

We drove through all of New Mexico then into Oklahoma, where we stopped for dinner then back on into the night. Through the night we drove through Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi then Alabama. I climbed into the back seat to sleep about half way through Oklahoma and Gus drove through the night. Have I mentioned before how amazing he is? I woke up when we were in Alabama to this beautiful scene...one of my favorites about driving through the night is the sunrises!!

As we drove on, it became lighter and more foggy. So beautiful. I love the South! It is so green and has so many trees. So unlike LA!

After 26 hours on the road, we finally arrived in Georgia for the night. Both boys handled the driving so well. Cael watched a few videos and Coen was content to talk with Cael or play with the toys dangling above him. I'm thankful for both boys' flexibility!! And for my husbands' stamina.

After checking into our hotel in Atlanta (and taking a nap!!), we went to dinner with Brooke and Cooper Smith. Cooper attended TMS with Gus and we served in the college group with this sweet family. We had such a great time!

Here is Coen with his first french fry. Which he loved. Of course.

Mercy, the Smiths' youngest daughter. She saw me taking her picture and posed without even being asked. How cute is she?!

Shephard and Cael are only a few monts apart and had so much fun playing together!


Cooper and Gus. Sorry Brooke that I didn't get a picture with us but it was so fun to catch up!! Hope you had fun camping out tonight :)


Thank you all for your prayers, especially yesterday. I think part of why and how it's gone so well is because of your prayers on our behalf. It is so encouraging to know we have such a prayerful support back home. Please keep those prayers coming!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you're on another big trip. You're amazing doing this with two little ones! And I'm so jealous you got to see the Smiths. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete