Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 30

This morning we awoke in Utah and were out the door by 8 am. It was freezing, literally, when we left! And the hills just outside the hotel had snow on them that they didn't the night before! Wow!

We had a beautiful drive from Utah to Nevada. Wide open sky. Beautiful clouds. In this first picture, the sun was still kind of rising so the sky was still a little colorful. So pretty!

We drove through a fair amount of desert and complete flatness. In the middle of nowhere. This seems weird but I loved the color of the desert. That wheatish color...

And we drove by many salt lakes. So pretty...

Then we reached Nevada! It's funny but this trip I decided not to try to capture the state signs, since last trip it was super hard and i missed so many of them. Randomly though I catch a few when I'm not even trying. So fun because I still love these signs!

And here in Nevada the sky is amazing. Love the blueblue color. And the white clouds contrasted...


We arrived at the Starks house in Fallon, Nevada. This is our 3rd visit and we love this family! In August of this year, they adopted a little girl from Columbia. We actually met her when they brought her back, at their layover in LAX. But that was a few months ago so it was fun to see her again! Her and Cael hit it off! They watched movies together...

Here we are at dinner, enjoying some good conversation, as always...


Here are some of the Stark girls, minus their oldest daughter. Such a precious family!

And Cael with Rebecca and their 2 dogs, one of which is a puppy that is adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment