We woke up Saturday morning with lots of events for the Austin Bluffs missionary conference. Gus attended the men's breakfast and was able to present about Spain to over 80 men. He said several men came up to him both Saturday after the breakfast and on Sunday after church to talk with him about Spain.
I attended a women's luncheon that afternoon. It was a blessing to get to know some of the women in the congregation. And Mary Lionetti spoke. Her and her husband, Steve, worked in a remote island off of Indonesia, where they were there over 10 years (maybe 17? or? I don't remember exactly how many years but it was well over a decade). This tribe had never seen a white person. Nor did they have any written language. Nor had they ever heard the gospel. They spent the first 4 years learning the language. Then the next 6 months teaching them the gospel. Over a hundred people were saved the day that the Cross was preached. They stayed there for I think about 7 years ( or more!) to establish a church, elders and pastors, and even a school. Their story and testimony, which Steve shared on Friday night, was very amazing. Mary's talk was very encouraging. They are some of my heroes!! Here is a picture of Mary speaking...

On Sunday we attended Austin Bluffs and were by our table on Sunday in between and after the services. We were able to talk to many people about Spain and it was a very encouraging time. Here I am with one of the girls there whom I met when she stayed in OC with her sister and family, the beloved Bucks (whom I posted about on our first night of the trip) that is now attending the church in Colorado. It was super fun to meet a few people like her that I knew before from Grace or LA and are now attending this church.


After church we started packing up. Our time at the Gentry B&B was now over. We had an amazing time with this sweet family and it was super hard to say goodbye. Their kids loved Cael. We had great talks with this godly couple about parenting, ministry, Spain, and much more. We can't wait to return and stay with them again!!


And so on Sunday off we went into the beautiful Colorado sky. We only drove about 5 hours that night and God protected us. We drove over the Rockies (unfortunately in the dark so I didn't get to take pics; I've heard it's beautiful!) and up over Vail where the elevation was over 10, 000 feet and it was snowing! We'd never driven in snow and it was falling pretty thick. I know, I know. I'm a Southern California girl who has only seen snow a few times. So it was a cool experience but slightly treacherous. Gus was driving and did a great job!! And it was over pretty quick, thankfully. It was snowing pretty thick there!


After spending the night in Grand Junction, Colorado, we woke up this morning and kept driving through Colorado. It is very beautiful! The fall colors on the trees and the mountains with colorful rocks were stunning.




And the splendor continued. The tabletop rocks and the cotton ball clouds agains the blue blue sky were gorgeous!








And as we continued driving, we saw this big mountain range up ahead with snow on it. I asked Gus if we were going to drive over it...and sure enough we did. It was snowing but not much and it melted soon upon hitting the windshield so driving through it was really cool. Here's the range from afar...


And then snow everywhere. It was absolutely beautiful. A winter wonderland. I especially love snow on the trees!!








And that takes us to where we are now, in a La Quinta inn, just outside Salt Lake City, Utah!



We continue to pray for you guys.
ReplyDeleteWe love the Lonettis! Jon lived with them for a while before we were married AND Steve married us!!!! He has also been to Samara a couple of times!!!
I love America!! We live in such a gorgeous country! I've driven that same route you just took more than ten times in my life and it is spectacular. So much of my heart (and family) is in Colorado and I'm dying to take Mike there. I'm sad you missed Vale, but maybe another time you'll get to drive through it again during the day. It is breathtakiing. I love reading about your trip and I'm praying for you guys!
ReplyDelete