Thursday, February 24, 2011

Artichokes

One of my favorite treats ever is artichokes. The whole thing. Fresh and cooked from scratch. It all stems back from when I was a little girl and my grandma would make one for me and my dad to eat. He would always show me and teach me the right way to eat them. I still love them to this day. So when I saw this beauty I had to buy and eat!!

First you cut a portion of the stems off so it can stand in a saucepan. You cover and boil for a while. Until the leaves are soft enough to easily pull off...

Then you dip each leaf in something. I've always eaten with mayo. But it can also be consumed with lemon juice and olive oil. Whatever you prefer. Sooo yummy!!

Until you get to the best part. The heart. Which is scraped clean from fuzzies, dipped in mayo, and eaten. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment