Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Out and about

The other day as we were about to leave the house, I grabbed my camera to take some pics of the streets around our house. Here are some of my favorites...it was a beautiful sunny day!

Here is the intersection I mentioned earlier that has 4 lights in the roundabout. At first it was very intimidating to drive through and I would take a deep breath before entering. But now, since we drive through it almost daily, it's become normal and I'm quite used to it. Love the fountain in the middle! Most of the roundabouts here have some kind of decoration, often a fountain. Thankfully they're different, so it helps us orient ourselves. Like..."You're going the right way, this is the right fountain"...Or "We're lost; we didn't drive by that roundabout on the way here!"

Turned back to snap a pic of Cael. Isn't he cute?!

This is still in that intersection. Took this pic to show you the street signs. They are color coded. Green is the name of the street. Yellow/Gold is a museum or something worth visiting. And white...I think it's a freeway or highway nearby. Don't remember white. But you can see how cool the street signs are!

Love the tall buildings!

The white strips in the street are the walkways. Walking is highly encouraged. These walkways are everywhere. Stop lights are long and cater to pedestrians-cars often wait far longer pedestrians. Love it!

Love how this street looks

Ok this one too :)

Hope you enjoyed a little snapshot of the streets we get to walk around and drive through every day! We are so blessed!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful city !!!!
    I Love Leon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing the day to day. it seems like you're really enjoying yourself. we're so happy for you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete