Monday, August 15, 2011

BBQ!

We were privileged to be invited over for a BBQ at a family's house who attends our church. It was such a great evening! There were several people there from our church. The food was yummy. And we left feeling like our relationships here are definitely starting to form and become deeper. Yay!

Here's their backyard. This family lives in a pueblo about 30 minutes outside the city. In a fabulous house that they renovated.

There were lots of kids here and Cael had so much fun! Somehow he manages to socially survive, even if he doesn't know Spanish!

And itty bitty Coen in his orange sweatshirt!

The amazing food!

After dinner we all sat around in the dusky night, while the kids played and chatted. I felt like the night was a breakthrough for my Spanish. Everyone spoke English and Spanish so I was able to converse in Spanish but break into English when necessary. They were so patient with me and I felt like I understood more of the conversation in Spanish than I had ever before. By the end of the night, everything was in Spanish and I was understanding most of it. It was such a great feeling!! Here's a group shot of everyone before we left!

3 comments:

  1. Bien Melissa!!! I am very proud of you!!!
    Abrazos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and praise God. Praying for you tomorrow as you start formal lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting, and I bet so encouraging for you! When you come back to visit, you'll probably already be thinking in Spanish and then it will be a chore for you to speak English :).

    ReplyDelete