Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple

One of our favorite new recipes is this recipe I got from the Pioneer Woman's blog. I have cooked it three times in the past three weeks and have it coming up on my menu plan for next week. After cooking it three times, I've tweaked and perfected it. It's by far one of the best recipes in my repertoire! Sweet and sour. And super easy to make. It's just that yummy that I'm going to share it with you. I hope you love it as much as we do!


*UPDATED WITH MISSING INGREDIENTS*

Meatballs with Peppers and Pineapple
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 onion, very finely diced
1 whole Egg
½ cup Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
All-Purpose Flour
Canola Oil
1 whole Bell Pepper, Diced
1 can Pineapple Chunks
2 cups Beef Stock
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
½ cup White Wine Vinegar
⅓ cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch

Directions:
Combine ground beef, diced onion, egg, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs. Mix with hands until combined. Roll meat mixture into small balls and place on a dinner plate. Freeze on the plate for 15 minutes to firm.
Mix together beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch.
Heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Roll meatballs in flour, then saute until nice and brown, turning at least once to brown as much of the outside as possible. Add sauce and veggies, mixing contents together. Slowly bring to a boil then turn heat down to a simmer until meatballs are cooked and sauce is thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Make sure heat is low enough not to burn pan's contents and stir a few times. Serve over steamed white rice.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome and I think I have everything! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing...i love new recipes...and now that i have internet i'm going to message you about blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Awesome Melissa! But did I miss the ground beef and onions on the ingredients list? how much of those?? I totally want to try it! and I love being able to see all you guys are doing and experiencing over there!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the comments and I really hope you guys like the recipe!!

    Heather!! Thank you!!!! I cannot believe I missed those vital ingredients!!! Just updated the blog with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. Mike loves meatballs but I've always wanted to do something with them besides put them in pasta sauce. I'm totally going to make this!

    ReplyDelete