One of the things I was really curious about was what a Spanish wedding would be like. As I mentioned earlier, a couple from our church got married and we had the privilege of attending. I tried to get every aspect of the ceremony and reception to show what a Spanish wedding is like.
Flower girls started the ceremony. These were actually David and Loida's girls, since David's brother was the groom. They looked soooo cute!!

The bride was walked down the aisle escorted by her father

Here you can see the wedding attendees from the back. Quite a beautiful outdoor setting!

Bride and groom sitting on stage during the ceremony. Here Manuel is opening the ceremony and welcoming everyone.

Then David gave a message about marriage and love. Gus said it was excellent!

We stood in the back to entertain the boys. Everyone dresses really nice and the boys wore their ties!!

This picture of Coen makes me laugh! His expression is hilarious. I think he was wondering what I was doing?

Me and the boys

Back to the ceremony. David was finished speaking. Then they took the microphone and exchanged vows that I think they wrote themselves.

Then they were giving their rings by a flowergirl.

The kiss!

A prayer for the couple

Then a beautiful song by ladies from our church. They sounded amazing!

Signing of the marriage license. Bride and groom first.

Then witnesses came onstage and signed. By the end, there were about 5-6 people that came onstage to sign the license.

The ceremony was finished and down the aisle they walked!

The newlyweds went off for family pics and the guests walked out into the garden for some appetizers.


Coen looking cute in his tie


And then we walked into this beautiful outdoor reception building. And the newlyweds walked in!

It was assigned seating with the newlyweds at the head table with their parents. We had fun at our table!


And then the food arrived! First course was fish. This was a fish soup/bisque with a cheese topping, served in a seashell.

Then a whitefish and potatoes

After that, a lemon sorbet to cleanse your pallet.

Then steak and potatoes. The potatoes were some of the best I've had.

Then the cutting of the cake. With a sword.

Their cake was a chocolate type pudding tort. Hard to describe. Very yummy. Served with ice cream that is probably the best I've had.

Our table

The boys had fun running around the tent


Then the bride and groom walked around and greeted their guests. Here I am with the beautiful bride!

The newlyweds!

Then we walked into another room and they danced their first dance as a couple. It was very sweet!

Soon after that, it was all over. What a fun day! We really enjoyed the wedding and thought the bride was just beautiful.
How fun. I wouldn't mind going to a wedding there ;).
ReplyDeleteThis little girl came up to me tonight at Cubbies and started asking me something in Spanish. I have no idea what she was saying. None of the words sounded familiar to my rusty, high school Spanish ears. I guided her to her group leader (who spoke Spanish). I imagine this happens to you pretty frequently. Hope your Spanish learning is going well!
Great pics Melissa!! I've yet to attend a Russian wedding.........I've had opportunities but the timing was always wrong. By the way, who brings an iPad to a wedding???? :)
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I think it's interesting the bride didn't wear a veil. But her dress was stunning. I love Spanish lace dresses. You looked stunning too with your hair curled! The boys were so cute - I love Coen's tie! I never thought to get Owen one. Such a cute look. That food looked amazing. The chicken pot pie looking thing is defninitely something I would have gobbled up!
ReplyDeletevictoria...yes i know well that feeling of hearing words but not at all understanding them!! thankfully my spanish is progressing and i'm beginning to understand much, much more.
ReplyDeletenatalie...i cant believe you've never attended a russian wedding!! and we brought the ipad for cael. we have movies on it that entertain him when we need him to sit still and be quiet. works wonderfully!!!
jennie...her dress was amazing!! and coen's tie was actually cael's when he was younger. i discovered that i love ties on boys!! it's the equivalent to hairbows and lacy dresses :) in fact yesterday i bought the boys matching bow ties. coen's was bigger than his face! ...pics coming soon :)