Sunday, November 6, 2011

Segovia

We recently attended our first Spanish wedding of a couple from our church. They were married in Madrid, which is several hours away. So we spent the night in Segovia, a town close to the wedding, so that we did not have to drive so far the day of the wedding. Segovia is an amazing city and unfortunately we only stayed a few hours in it! Here is the view as you drive into the part we stayed in...love how you can see over the rooftops with the mountains in the background.

Some of the buildings had French influence on them

We stayed at an amazing hotel. It was very old yet recently remodeled so the inside was very modern. Here are the boys in the main room, watching the iPad and resting for a few minutes.

Love this over the bed

They're so cute!

Even the doors were cool

The bathroom was beautiful. Love the clear glass sink.

Coen.

Being cute.

Snuggle time with daddy

Peekaboo Cael!


The town is amazing. Unfortunately it was night by the time we were able to walk around. But you can see the cobblestone everywhere.

And beautiful buildings


And this castle. Unbelievable.

The next morning I went outside to take a picture of the outside of our hotel.

Looked to the right and saw this street. Can't get over the streets here. Love them!!

Next up...our first wedding!!

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but your blog is listed on my brother and sister in law's blog - Kyle and Steph Sanderson. It's very fun reading and seeing pictures of your time. I am jealous. I visited Spain a number of years ago and Segovia was definitely one of my very favorite places. Did you get to see the beautiful arches/entrance to the city? That castle is indeed stunning. We took a tour there. So many good memories; I really hope I can go back someday. So much to explore. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!! We love the Sandersons!!! We visited them last summer and had SO much fun with them!! Yes, Segovia is such a cool city. I think you're talking about the Roman aqueducts and yes I did see them but unfortunately did not stop to take pics; we're going back and I hope to get pictures next time. That castle is amazing too; I heard it's what Walt Disney based the castle in Disneyland from!! I hope you can return to Spain one day too; it's such a wonderful place!! Thanks again for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete