Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One foggy day

We live in the middle of the city. One of the privileges is that I am close enough to walk to some of the places that I shop at. I try every week to shop at the butcher shop and the produce shop. It's better quality food at cheaper prices. Win! Win! 

A few weeks ago I was out, walking to these stores. And I noticed how beautiful it was out. Misty. And just gorgeous. Thankfully I had my camera with me!! So I took these photos as I was crossing the bridge. Isn't it beautiful?!?




Coen very patiently waiting for me to finish taking pictures so we can keep walking!


And then I realized that I'd never photographed these stores I shop at and the weekly journey I take to them. So here is that journey! 

After crossing the bridge photographed in the above photos, I walked through this park. Which continued to be misty and beautiful.


And back out onto the street, past this pretty cool building.


Down this street


And through this intersection with this cool structure in the middle of the roundabout


Almost there


Made it! To the produce store, which sells fruits (frutas) and vegetables (verduras)


I asked the shopkeeper if I could take photos of her store inside. I've gotten to know her a little bit and practice my Spanish on her. She's very sweet and I'm looking forward to learning more Spanish so I can talk more with her!


The produce at this store is amazing!!



After loading up with a few bags of produce, it's back out onto the street and onto the butcher store. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the produce store to the butcher shop.



Past lots and lots of these. These scooters are everywhere!


Turning left at this street sign



Almost there



This is Molina's, a carniceria, my butcher. Their meat is incredible!



I walked in and quickly snapped a photo so you could get a gist of what it's like inside. The man with the red shirt behind the counter is Renee. He's from Argentina and we've gotten to know him too. He is very kind to us and always gives the boys candy! He's asked where we're from and one time he asked me what Gus does and why we're here. In my limited Spanish I was able to tell him that Gus works at the church. Again I'm looking forward to learning more Spanish so I can communicate more with him!


Right across the walkway is Molina's charcuteria, which sells cured meats like salami and other such yummy delicacies! 


A quick peak inside. Love this place!!


And that, my readers, is a little bit more of my neighborhood here in Spain and a little bit more of what my life is like on a weekly basis. As I've mentioned above, a prayer request is that my Spanish would increase so I can have witnessing opportunities to the people I've been meeting around our community. You can pray for Renee and my produce lady!

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you can walk so many places. I remember in high school one of my teachers had a friend visit from Spain. She told us that the reason Spaniards are so skinny even though they eat a lot is that they walk everywhere. I'll pray that your Spanish will increase quickly to share the gospel with these people you interact with. I'm sure they are already impressed that you were willing to move to a foreign country without knowing the language.

    ReplyDelete