One of our favorite restaurants in Los Angeles was Mongolian BBQ. You chose your ingredients and they cook it for you. MMMM... I can taste their food right now...SO good. But anyways, I digress...stir-fry has always been one of those dishes I've wanted to master but never could. I'd tried a few times over the years and it always disappointed. The veggies were overcooked or the meat was dried out or the sauce was bland.
But recently I went in search of the perfect stir fry recipe. After research at my favorite and trusted sources, I realized that it's all about the combination of veggies. And you have to have nuts! Peanuts or cashews, preferably. This recipe below is a collection of a few recipes, actually.
I pulled the veggies from one recipe, the sauce from another, and the technique from another. It's important not to cook everything at the same time. Carrots and broccoli take much longer to cook than onions and bell peppers, for example, which is why they are cooked separately. And cooking the meat and sauce at a very low heat is super important so that you don't burn off the sauce. I also don't like the texture of cooked nuts, so we sprinkle peanuts on at the table.
This is now my go-to stir fry recipe and I've made it quite a few times. It is very yummy and I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as we do! Bon appetit!
Beef Stir Fry
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
¼ cup White Wine
1 Tb Sugar
6 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 Lb. Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak Cut Into Thin Strips
2 Tbsp. Canola Oil, divided
1 Head Broccoli, chopped
¾ bag Carrots, julienned
2 Red Peppers Cut Into Strips
1 Onion, sliced
Peanuts
Directions:
Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Add meat and set aside. Cover and stir fry the broccoli and carrots in 1 Tbsp. oil until they begin to soften. Remove. Stir fry onions and bell peppers in ½ tb oil, until soft. Remove. Saute beef mixture on VERY low heat in ½ tb oil, until meat is no longer pink. Add in veggies, toss to coat in sauce, turn heat lower, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes to warm veggies back up. Sprinkle peanuts over and serve over rice.
Photo courtesy of this website

I've now added this to YummySoup. ;) Love you, friend! ~ Jenn
ReplyDeleteIf you make it, let me know!!
DeleteLooks yummy! I just pinned it to my Pinterest board :)))
ReplyDeleteOooo pinterest! Hope you make it! You should post more recipes on your blog too.
Delete