My beautiful blogging friend Natalie posted recently about how easy it is to complain and not be aware of it...which started me thinking about me and if I complain without even realizing it? I am sure I do! So to fight this unbliblical trend, I've started cultivating a list of things lately that I am thankful for. In no specific order, here are a few things I am thankful for...
Heat!! The cold has begun here in León, Spain. We live in one of the coldest cities in Spain and I LOVE the weather here. We have a real winter and therefore need real heaters in our houses. As is common with many people who live in apartments, the heat is central and controlled by the building. It's nice because when it's really cold outside, our apartment is always SUPER warm and cozy!! But sometimes they don't turn it on soon enough and we are a little cold, especially at nights and in the mornings. The great thing, though, is that yesterday we felt a little heat coming from our radiators and, voila!, they were turned on! It's so great and I've even had to turn a few of them off, our apartment is so warm. Lovelovelove that!!
Sleeping boys...last night the boys fell asleep in the car. What a precious sight to see these boys, mouths hanging wide and everything, in the midst of their slumber. There's something about the act of sleep that makes them look so angelic.
Good conversations with friends. Recently I had a conversation with a friend, in Spanish. It was one of those conversations that was about spiritual things and we both shared things we were struggling with and ended at the Cross. I was so thankful that I am starting to be able to express myself deeper in Spanish. I was thankful for this friendship that allowed both of us to be encouraged.
Ikea...yes, love this place. How it's so cheap. Has so many "needs". And a new one opened up even closer and even bigger. Let's hear it for Ikea!!
We love heat too! Ours was turned on 2 1/2 weeks ago!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for the new IKEA!
Last night I told the girls in my small group that thankfulness is the only cure to discontentment and/or complaining. Something I needed to hear more than they did!
You have central heat too? So interesting!! Thanks again for your example to me!
DeleteYes we have central heating but our heaters are so old that we don't even have controls for them so they are on ALL THE TIME! We put blankets over them so it doesn't get so hot inside and usually keep a couple of windows open. Once the temps dip though it won't be as warm inside :)
Delete